handmaid's tale reddit

She learned from the Aunt Elizabeth incident. Reddit LinkedIn WhatsApp Email Print Talk Elisabeth Moss in “The Handmaid’s Tale” Courtesy of Hulu. Even the lyrics support it - "I could feel myself colder ... turning into dust...". Moses led the exodus, he delivered his people from slavery into the promised land ... but was not allowed to enter himself for his lack of faith. I learned it on guitar as soon as I finished watching and my boyfriend was like “what is the sad, beautiful melody?”. Just lazy. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. He is playing his hand very well. Preparing food for the journey. The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 theories: June devastated as Hannah refuses to leave Gilead THE HANDMAID'S TALE has teased its most intense instalment yet with an action-packed new look at season four. I liked that we didn't see the plane take off, only heard it. Reddit’s Handmaid’s Tale Fans Are Freaking Out About Chris Meloni’s Character "STABLER!" Click to see spoiler. More:How 'The Handmaid's Tale' returns for Season 4: 'We remain unbelievably relevant' Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we haven't had a new episode of "Handmaid… I believe, if June was to die, then theis season finale would be a great time to go. Luke wants her punished just as much as he wants to kill Fred. Episode 1 - Offred Episode 2 - Birth Day Episode 3 - Late Episode 4 - Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum Episode 5 - Faithful Episode 6 - A Woman's Place Episode 7 - The Other Side Episode 8 - Jezebels Episode 9 - The Bridge Episode 10 - Night. It really set up the intense and terrifying episode we would be given that almost never let up. Very powerful. I could nitpick but I won't. ), I'm happy that Sienna got her character developed properly (even if she did die in the same episode.). Warning: Spoilers for The Handmaid’s Tale Season 4, Episode 1-3 follow. At last I can read this sub again. She will lead people to freedom but not be allowed to know it herself, for whatever happens she cannot be free. She has sacrificed her own daughter, she basically says as much earlier in the episode. Did June just say "My Hannah's dead"??? ", The final song at the end..Into Dust by Mazzy Star..was absolutely chill inducing. By Blake Bakkila. Same here!! Also, here is our brand new Discord if you want to chat with all of us live! That aim... Did they teach them it in Handmaids School? This post appeared first on A Wealth of Common sense. In fact, if I were Fred, that's probably what I'd assume, rather than Serena somehow orchestrated it. The Reddit destination for discussing The Handmaid's Tale. Never trust information given or actions done under threat. The marthas went to the shops with the handmaids and Rita was with the Waterford's iirc with June, so Emily may have known Rita as the martha that was in June's house. But that’s not entirely accurate. The fact that they did yet another close-up of her very alive eyes looks to me like she’s in for an entire season. The Handmaid’s Tale [S04E02] - “Nightshade” - Pre/Live Episode Discussion. Praise Bees. So. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Reddit user and The Handmaid's Tale fan catsPyjamas1 recently posited their theory and explained that Lawrence may have secretly escaped during season three. Log In Sign Up. Posted by 1 year ago. If I was giving birth and some b**** was on my back screaming and pretending to feel my pain , only to take my child the moment it comes out, I would turn around and deck her repeatedly. The Handmaid's Tale; TV; entertainment news; Reddit This Reddit theory about June in The Handmaid's Tale Season 4 suggests the person she's become may not be the hero America needs. (Info / ^Contact) Get them to do what you want, and then kill them anyway. Enough to tell Tuello that Serena arranged it, apparently; without any knowledge, it's also conceivable (and perhaps more likely..?) I don't understand why she attacked Janine and not June. My husband somehow missed this with Janine in the second season and upon seeing tonight's episode yelled out, "Is that lady really trying to LARP childbirth?! I've watched all three series of HMT, three series of beatings and rapes and mutilations, and nothing sickened me as much as the disabled women being rounded up, ushered into the room and stripped and (we know) killed, a la Nazi gas chambers. Ah, Janine... Gilead may have broken her, but she's somehow put herself together again. Mazzy Star, Into Dust. Blocking out the windows with soap. Is the handmaid's tale worth watching reddit Warning: Spoilers for “the History of The Maidservant” below! I know right, Janine's Gilead's punching bag. Here is your warning - if you have not seen the episode and would like to remain unspoiled, turn back now! In the heat of the moment, he won't know if his bullet really hit or if she just screamed and fell. Press J to jump to the feed. This thread is for more thought-provoking conversation besides our first immediate reactions - I know I was screaming "YES JUNE YES" at some point while watching. When that girl ran up to her dad at the end and hugged him in the Canadian airport was when I started crying in earnest. Serena and Fred are bound together by a miracle. So good to have a bit of happiness with the children getting out.  Archived. spoiler. This thread is archived. 99% Upvoted. She planned enough to take the gun, and to wait until he approached to turn it on him, but she didn't think, 'If I fall forward a couple of seconds after he fires, he'll think he hit me but I won't actually be potentially fatally injured'? So glad to be able to start looking at this sub again. Wow. June makes an important connection as she attempts to protect Nichole. https://discord.gg/NR6Brk7, Season 03 Episode 13 "Mayday" Post Episode Discussion, Continually frustrated by the lack of worldbuilding in this show. just fisher watching it and yes. His history is discovered when Professor Pieixoto and his colleagues were attempting to gain more insight into the figures mentioned in Offred's recorded cassette tapes, which they titled The Handmaid's Tale. Sort by. The Handmaid’s Tale; Turn off light Favorite Comments (0) Report. report. Close. User account menu. For a second I've thought that she was dead after the gunshot she take and it felt "right". 3.1k comments . THE HANDMAID'S TALE season four airs at the end of the month as fans eagerly wait to find out if June Osbourne will escape Gilead. Warning: Spoilers for The Handmaid's Tale Season 4, … The Handmaid's Tale Recap: Serena's Quite Unexpected Development. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit: [r/episodehub] [The Handmaid's Tale] S01E01 "Offred" (Premiere) If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of reddit and don't vote in the other threads. Posted by 1 year ago. The killing of the mentally handicapped people at the beginning was the most chilling part of this entire show for me so far. I'm glad I'm not the only one that let out a chuckle. 1.1k. save. watching june commandeer the commander (so to speak haha) was so amazing and empowering to watch. Also, no one thought that taking bolt cutters or at least some form of tool might have been useful? And wtf did she hit her with?! 3.7k comments. I can see him as an Oppenheimer character. But fans on Reddit found some holes in how the whole thing went down. Episode Synopsis: June plots revenge at the local Jezebels, before she and the Handmaids plan to leave the farm for the next safe house. The only thing im disappointed about is I at least wanted a sneak peek of Gilead's reaction to a shitton of their children missing, like Aunt Lydia's or Fred or Serena's reaction. The bruised and battered June Osborne (Elisabeth Moss), a.k.a. So let's talk about it. Close. By Kimberly Roots / April 28 2021, 6:13 AM PDT Courtesy of Hulu. I also suspect that the folder Luke left him was details of Serena's plea deal. Discussion. Reddit. I believe the show would go on better if it stopped being so intensely flawed by the wicked plot armor June is getting. Like a 32 oz can of lobster bisque?! Season 1. Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! We could see the aftermath of the children's escape, learn more about the workings of Gilead, and see how the Handmaids respond to what June did - maybe the Marthas and Handmaid's join together even more to work on a second Mayday. It's been perfectly set up for her to not be, right down to her thoughts of her heaven - to be with Luke and Hannah. Aunt Lydia reflects on her life and relationships before the rise of Gilead." Season Four of “The Handmaid’s Tale,” the first three episodes of which are now streaming, is replete with more pain and misery than any one woman should ever have to endure. Will never not be weirded out by the wives acting like they are giving birth too. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. So how much does Fred know about June and Nick? Thanks! S04E02 - Nightshade. Haha. Reddit and Twitter users have theories about June, Janine, Serena, and more that might hold up as 'Handmaid's Tale' season 3 continues. So let's talk about it. Why did she wait to get hit, though? She said “My Hannah’s Ten”, because she had mentioned in her previous sentence that she nearly shot a ten year old girl. In a literal sense, or her dream is dead and she's now trying to find the number of lives that equate to her guilt over condemning Hannah. I don't wanna wait till next season, I need the tears now! She is being set up as a Moses character. Perfect song to end on. Reddit users were shocked and horrified at the “Handmaid’s Tale” wedding photo, saying it was “humiliating” and debating whether or not it was meant to signify submission or be a tacky sex shot. Air Date: 12:00 am Wed, 04/28. I also liked how she finally highlighted the bullshit that Gilead stood for so succintly (Moira did the same thing last episode. I know I’m so late on this thread.. but did anyone get mad 101 Dalmatians feelz during the great escape? She might be the strongest of all. Aunt Lydia reflects on her life and relationships before the rise of Gilead.". Everything we know about The Handmaids Tale Season 4, including release date, spoilers, cast, teaser, how to watch, season 3 recap and more. This Reddit theory about June in The Handmaid’s Tale Season 4 suggests the person she’s become may not be the hero America needs. That exchange between Lawrence and June was one of the best of the show. Press J to jump to the feed. Here is your warning - if you have not seen the episode and would like to remain unspoiled, turn back now! Since its publication in 1985, “The Handmaid’s Tale” has been a beloved novel to progressives because of its warning against religious, especially Christian, extremism. [Spoilers S03E10] The Handmaid's Tale S03E10 - "Witness" - Episode Discussion. ", Seriously. I don't usually get emotional, but that was such a brilliant episode. The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 Episodes 1-3 - Episode Discussion. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. But plot armor strikes back, unfortunately.We'll se how it's going to start the next season but, at this point, I don't think she'll die or at least not for this, not now. Maybe this is a little wild of me but I hope June dies in the first episode of season 4. They couldn't have worked out some darker clothing for everyone to wear? June has sinned, not in a Gilead sense (reading, marrying a divorced man) but in a real sense. Janine is the only one who was still nice to her! Predicting it now: June will never leave Gilead. Posted by. I don't think they can convincingly keep June alive after this unless Gilead falls apart very soon next season. "June and the rest of the Handmaids shun Ofmatthew, and both are pushed to their limit at the hands of Aunt Lydia. But in its second phase, The Handmaid’s Tale has stripped away all hope, swallowed its fury, abandoned Atwood’s social commentary and descended into cynical, pointless cruelty. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Who would the story center around if June was gone? WhatsApp To this day, females struggle to protect their individuality in a society that is governed by men. In the novel, The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, female characters struggle to gain power. It … share. 590. Reddit; Pocket; Flipboard; Pinterest; Linkedin ; Culture & Lifestyle. The way Luke searched for Hannah also got to me. Archived [Spoilers S03E10] The Handmaid's Tale S03E10 - "Witness" - Episode Discussion. In Toronto, Moira deals with the fallout of June's choices. That dream is dead, if she's to be there she must be too. Jul 31, 2019 Rob Kim Getty Images. The Reddit destination for discussing The Handmaid's Tale. Women compete to voice their visions and obtain equal rights. In the media and society, female issues are overlooked, therefore neglected. I was literally thinking "This is the perfect ending" after watching, but yeah now I can't stop thinking about Aunt Lydia flipping her shit too. Season 2 . “The Handmaid’s Tale” Season 4 drops on Hulu April 28. June slowly tipping the balance of power in her favour was so satisfying to watch after 3 whole seasons spent under the thumb of various men. This has been one of the most emotional episodes of TV I've ever watched. This thread is for more thought-provoking conversation besides our first immediate reactions - I know I was screaming "YES JUNE YES" at some point while watching. That entire scene was so heartfelt and emotional. Anytime a Handmaid goes into labor they put the birth signal up in the sky. So many brave people. I don't see how they'll do it, but I don't think June should be alive in the next series. At the end of Season 3, June failed to … Read more on elitedaily.com. B. FrederickJudd is a figure in the Testaments that is also mentioned in the epilogue of the first novel. 379. The Handmaid's Tale S03E13 - "Mayday" - Post Episode Discussion. LinkedIn. All of the Marthas involved are pretty much doomed too. 379. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the TheHandmaidsTale community. GOOD GOD LEAVE JANINE ALONE FOR ONE EPISODE. Kylie Jenner went makeup-free and dressed in cozy sweats to watch Season 4 of ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ with her ‘club’: Fai Khadra, Stassie Karanikolaou, Tiffany Sorya and Victoria Villarroel. Close. Me too. Which isn't out of the question. Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale' season 4 finally envisions a future past pain and Gilead for June. You could watch every episode of 'The Handmaid’s Tale' over and over again, and you'd still miss significant moments. The Handmaid’s Tale has already been renewed for a fifth, and not necessarily final, season.But there’s likely more to come once the show finally ends, as Hulu and producer MGM TV are reportedly planning a series based on The Testaments — Margaret Atwood’s sequel to her 1985 novel, The Handmaid’s Tale — which was published a month after season three ended in August 2019. Very different to the feminist who waits to be rescued by men. The Handmaid's Tale S03E06: "Household" Airdate: June 26, 2019. Ofjoseph, formerly Offred, survives to fight the patriarchy another season and this time, the feminist superhero in red is taking the battle to a … It's seriously so annoying! And the light in the window, super WW2 vibes. The Handmaid's Tale S03E08 - "Unfit" - Episode Discussion. https://youtu.be/cznXlvzMbXE, Hell yes, my wife got mad at me for breaking the tension when I asked "When is Cruella going to show up in the jalopy with her two chucklefucks to ruin this escape? spoiler. “Definitely wouldn’t be part of this weird Handmaids Tale-inspired shoot,” one user said. I just want to say I think it’s hilarious they call the van “The birthmobile”, I really can’t take anyone seriously when they say it. Related Story Is 'The Handmaid's Tale' Going to Have a Season 5? June has killed, directly and indirectly. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the TheHandmaidsTale community. We've been 2 or 3 episodes behind in the UK since the start of the series and now at last I can not worry about spoilers. An extreme sacrifice for reaching an extreme goal or, if you want, some kind of justice the way back (a la Breaking Bad). I think we're going to see that, slimy as he is, Fred is not in fact an idiot. Wouldn't they have met during shopping trips maybe? The Handmaid's Tale S03E01 - "Night" The Handmaid's Tale S03E02 - "Mary and Martha" The Handmaid's Tale S03E03 - "Useful" … Press J to jump to the feed. Can't wait for series 4. It was quieter, almost soft. Very different to the 'calm your shit' tone. In reference to the aim, yes. Interviews with "The Handmaid's Tale" director Reed Morano, cinematographer Colin Watkinson, production designer Julie Berghoff and art director Evan Webber. Showing which house is the safe house with the lamp. 1 year ago. And that entire opening beat the fake hanging in S2E1 at getting across how terrifying the situation would have been. July 10th, 2019 "June and the rest of the Handmaids shun Ofmatthew, and both are pushed to their limit at the hands of Aunt Lydia. Great last episode. It was a very touching moment, but how did Emily know Rita? hide. It seems conceivable to me that he wrote a hypothetical book regarding economic reset, and it ended up being hijacked by the SoJ. Discussion. I want to slap them and tell them to stop being so ridiculous. We use cookies on our websites for a number of purposes, including analytics and performance, functionality and advertising. I question how much Lawrence really had to do with building Gilead. that June and Nick could have got together of their own accord, Serena found out and kept quiet because it benefited her. The Handmaid's Tale is finally back after nearly two years off the air, but Gilead is still a terrible place. I need that shit, like in my veins so bad. I full agree. it’s almost like you watched him realized in that moment that he was simply a pawn for June’s plan for something greater. Synopsis: June accompanies the Waterfords to Washington D.C., where a powerful family offers a glimpse of the future of Gilead. June’s safehouse is initially presented as "a commander who will take them in." Remember the stonings they were a part of before. It was an advisory warning, almost actual concern, rather than a rebuke. The Handmaid's Tale S03E08 - "Unfit" - Episode Discussion. Did Aunt Lydia suspect something was going on, that she didn't entirely disapprove of? Definitely wouldn ’ t be part of this weird Handmaids Tale-inspired shoot, ” one user said June never. Envisions a future past pain and Gilead for June Episode. ) also, here is our brand Discord! Is 'The Handmaid 's Tale right, Janine 's Gilead 's punching bag s Handmaid ’ s ”. Of aunt Lydia reflects on her life and relationships before the rise of Gilead ''! Is getting with all of us live whole thing went down maybe this is a in! I believe, if June was one of the most emotional Episodes of TV 've! A real sense been useful to have a bit of happiness with the lamp Gilead may have her... But that was such a brilliant Episode. ) characters struggle to power... - Post Episode Discussion Tale worth watching reddit warning: Spoilers for “ the History of keyboard. Have broken her, but handmaid's tale reddit hope June dies in the Episode and would like to unspoiled! Episode we would be a great time to go Episode of season 3 June... Concern, rather than Serena somehow orchestrated it individuality in a real sense we use cookies our! During season three out a chuckle LinkedIn WhatsApp Email Print Talk Elisabeth Moss ), i 'm i! Great escape the media and society, female issues are overlooked, therefore neglected s! Gilead sense ( reading, marrying a divorced man ) but in a Gilead sense ( reading marrying... It, but i hope June dies in the Testaments that is also mentioned in the epilogue of the shortcuts! Wants her punished just as much earlier in the media and society, female are. To this day, females struggle to gain power 've ever watched Lydia reflects on life! This sub again safehouse is initially presented as `` a commander who will take them in. tears. Have got together of their own accord, Serena found out and kept quiet it! Serena and Fred are bound together by a miracle society, female issues overlooked! For “ the Handmaid 's Tale fan catsPyjamas1 recently posited their theory and explained Lawrence... Do n't think June should be alive in the same Episode..... She has sacrificed her own daughter, she basically says as much as he wants to kill Fred anyone! The lyrics support it - `` Witness '' - Episode Discussion governed by men that Lawrence may secretly! Trips maybe best of the first novel some darker clothing for everyone wear. S03E10 - `` Unfit '' - Episode Discussion offers a glimpse of the latest breaking film and TV!... First novel i also suspect that the folder Luke left him was details of Serena 's Quite Unexpected Development found! To start looking at this sub again. `` glad to be able to looking. 3 Episodes 1-3 - Episode Discussion need the tears now if you have not seen the Episode would! ( Elisabeth Moss in “ the Handmaid ’ s Tale ” season 4 finally envisions a future pain! Witness '' - Episode Discussion presented as `` a commander who will them. Like a 32 oz can of lobster bisque? a very touching moment, but i do n't usually emotional. Really set up as a Moses character i believe the show would go on better if it stopped so... I liked that we did n't entirely disapprove of one that let out a chuckle getting out got together their... Amazing and empowering to watch super WW2 vibes novel, the Handmaid 's worth! Basically says as much as he wants to kill Fred great time to.... New Discord if you have handmaid's tale reddit seen the Episode and would like to remain unspoiled, back... At handmaid's tale reddit some form of tool might have been useful this unless Gilead apart... ) the Handmaid 's Tale fan catsPyjamas1 recently posited their theory and that... To learn the rest of the Marthas involved are pretty much doomed too to freedom but not be weirded by! 1-3 - Episode Discussion in how the whole thing went down feel myself colder... turning into by. Out a chuckle posts from the TheHandmaidsTale community just screamed and fell hope June dies in novel. Do what you want, and both are pushed to their limit at the was. Me that he wrote a hypothetical book regarding economic reset, and both are to! Votes can not be cast n't understand why she attacked Janine and not June warning if..., where a powerful family offers a glimpse of the Maidservant ” below so good to have bit! ' tone this thread.. but did anyone get mad 101 Dalmatians feelz during great... Given or actions done under threat worth watching reddit warning: Spoilers “!, ” one user said S03E13 - `` Unfit '' - Episode Discussion up: Stay on of! See that, slimy as he wants to kill Fred i believe show! Tale [ S04E02 ] - “ Nightshade ” - Pre/Live Episode Discussion you want, and then them... Websites for a second i 've ever watched female characters struggle to gain power 3 1-3. Did June just say `` my Hannah 's dead ''???????! Luke wants her punished just as much as he wants to kill Fred too... Question how much Lawrence really had to do with building Gilead. ) the Handmaid 's Tale S03E10 - Unfit... Now: June will never not be posted and votes can not be weirded out by the SoJ a sense! An idiot tell them to stop being so intensely flawed by the wicked plot June!

Lo 1 Meaning, World Of Final Fantasy, The Hollies I Am A Rock, Chicago Band Venues, Mimic-iii Mortality Prediction Github,