my favorite brunette

Genres. Carlotta tells Ronnie that the missing man is her uncle, not her husband. The photo from that negative revealed the "uncle" as an impostor. Montague gives Kismet Carlotta's ring with a note attached to leave as a 'clue' for Ronnie to discover. Kismet has followed him and, as Ronnie is calling the police, slugs him over the head. My Favorite Brunette My Favorite Brunette Photos View All Photos (14) Movie Info. A man is shown in prison accused of murder. A meek tailor thinks his wooing will be helped if he assumes the identity of the famous Casanova...who's deeply in debt. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Play media. Eventually, he believes her, and Carlotta tells him to guard the map with his life. Looking for more? [2] Written by Edmund Beloin and Jack Rose, the film is about a baby photographer on death row in San Quentin State Prison who tells reporters his history. Runtime. The police apologize to Kismet for the interruption. My Favorite Brunette, the second picture in the series, doesn’t quite reach the heights of its predecessor but it is amusing nonetheless. Ronnie snaps a photo of "Uncle" through the keyhole as evidence. Collins pockets the map, and Ronnie drives him to the police station so he can testify. He returns her ring, confused about whether Montague or Carlotta's telling the truth. My Favorite Brunette is a 1947 American romantic comedy film and film noir parody, directed by Elliott Nugent and starring Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour. Check out the full list of winners. Hope has now found himself in a typical hardboiled detective film, with elements somewhat reminiscent of the previous year’s Notorious (including a McGuffin that involves uranium). He entered the country on some secret mission, she says. Carlotta re-enters the room and, alone with Ronnie, tells him that the call was from her uncle, who told her he was safe, but was forced to call. My Favorite Brunette (1947) 2.jpg 617 × 475; 46 KB. Written by My Favorite Brunette is a 1947 American romantic comedy film and film noir parody, directed by Elliott Nugent and starring Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour. Carlotta gives Ronnie her address, a coded map, and a $5,000 ring as payment, telling him that no one must know he's a detective. Ronnie runs to his car, roaring down the mansion driveway. See more. Written by Edmund Beloin and Jack Rose, the film is about a baby photographer on death row in San Quentin State Prison who tells reporters his history. Take a look ahead at some of our most anticipated superhero movies coming in 2021 and beyond. My Favorite Brunette . She hires Ronnie to search for her missing uncle, and also entrusts him with a valuable map. When he comes to, Carlotta is there and tells him that he is a free man. My Favorite Brunette is an American film directed by Elliott Nugent, released in 1947. Bob Hope is back! Ronnie is on death row, cursing Carlotta for disappearing and not testifying at his murder trial. What are the villains really after? History of the bikini-Wikipedia. This is the ninth film they both have been in and they were in five more together after this one, Bob Hope is the age of 43 or 44 in this film. 's, Ronnie is mistaken for the detective by beautiful client Carlotta Montay. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Ronnie's a San Francisco baby photographer who dreams about being a real private detective like his office neighbor Sam McCloud (Alan Ladd). Then Don't Miss Bob Hope's New Movie! The mansion is deserted, and Kismet poses as the gardener for the owners, who are out of the country. Rod Crawford . He has one-liners for even the darkest of occasions; he even complains jokingly about his last meal when he is locked up in the hoosegow awaiting execution. Sold by: Prime Goods Outlet. What are the villains really after? He tells Ronnie that Carlotta is mentally ill and introduces him to a wheelchair-bound man in the next room as Carlotta's uncle, who obviously hasn't been kidnapped. He begs for Sam McCloud (Alan Ladd in a cameo appearance) to give him a chance. Save with Used - Good. He says that Carlotta's uncle had scheduled an important meeting with the government at the Pilgrim Hotel in Washington. My Favorite Brunette was the first production of Hope Enterprises, Inc., and since Hope had a financial stake in the film, he apparently goofed off less than when Paramount was footing the bill. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Ronnie hides the map in the cups next to his office water cooler. Comedy, Certificate: Passed Ralston has promised his niece Gwen to double it if she can raise $20,000. The mansion belongs to Major Montague, Carlotta says, her uncle's former partner. Listen to My Favorite Brunette from Bob Hope's The Ultimate Collection for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. 1947; 1 hr 27 mins Comedy NR Watchlist; A baby photographer is mistaken for a private eye and is hired by a beautiful woman to find her missing uncle. Sign in to sync Watchlist. Use the HTML below. The others chase him by car and shoot out one of his tires. My Favorite Brunette features vintage Bob Hope comedy. Baby photographer Ronnie Jackson, on death row in San Quentin, tells reporters how he got there: taking care of his private-eye neighbor's office, Ronnie is asked by the irresistible Baroness Montay to find the missing Baron. That genre is perfectly suited for Hope's brand of humor, and the picture delights in unexpected ways, particularly the supporting performances of Peter Lorre and especially Lon Chaney, Jr. $5.93. He sees "Uncle" stand up from the wheelchair and walk around the room. Montague sends a stooge to the Ferry Building to retrieve the map. Certificate: Passed Baby photographer Ronnie Jackson, on death row in San Quentin, tells reporters how he got there: taking care of his private-eye neighbor's office, Ronnie is asked by the irresistible Baroness Montay to find the missing Baron. Factory in 2010 in a DVD box set with other Hope films. [6], In 1975, the film entered the public domain in the United States because the claimants did not renew its copyright registration in the 28th year after publication.[7]. My Favorite Brunette. My Favorite Brunette (1947) is an American romantic comedy film about a baby photographer on death row in San Quentin State Prison who tells reporters the story of how office-sitting for his private investigator neighbor led him to searching for a missing baron and the strange events that followed. The flashback ends. The distraught woman needs help and thinks Bob is McCloud the detective. The screen play by Edmund Beloin and Jack Rose parodies those films that showed a charismatic private eye get into all kinds of dangerous situations. Ronnie and the dead Collins are spotted by the police, and Ronnie flees the scene, now wanted for Collins' murder. Media in category "My Favorite Brunette" The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total. Shortly before his execution on the death row in San Quentin, amateur sleuth and baby photographer Ronnie Jackson, tells reporters how he got there. Inside is a paper note, saying to see "James Collins", a scientist. Ronnie returns to the mansion and finds the clue, which is a card for the Seacliffe Lodge in Carmel. My Favorite Brunette. A movie star who can't stand loud noises accidentally joins the Army. TV. See the fabulous presenters and gracious winners at this year's Oscars. With his office next to a P.I. A cowardly actor and a runaway princess are voyaging on a ship that is captured by a notorious pirate who recently buried his treasure on a secretly mapped island. "My Favorite Brunette" was directed by Elliott Nugent with a style that made it fun and light to watch. Ronnie summons the police and drives back to the mansion with them. Kismet (Peter Lorre) greets him at the door, lifting his handgun. The story is told in flashback from Death Row as Ronnie Jackson (Bob Hope) relates to a group of reporters the events that lead to his murder conviction. Awaiting execution on death row, Ronnie Jackson, a baby photographer, tells the gathered reporters how he got into his present predicament. Director: Elliott Nugent Writers: Edmund Beloin (original screenplay), Jack Rose (original screenplay) Stars: Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamour, Peter … Actresses in movies like My Favorite Brunette (1947) and the model on a 1948 cover of LIFE were shown in traditional two-piece swimwear, not the bikini. List of films in the public domain in the United States, "Filming locations for My Favorite Brunette", "Full cast and crew for My Favorite Brunette", "Want To Laugh? Carlotta is also prisoner there. While taking care of his private-eye neighbor's office, he is asked by an irresistible baroness to find a missing baron, which initiates a series of confusing but sinister events in a gloomy mansion and a private sanatorium. Ronnie tells Montague that Carlotta had given him a map to hold. While taking care of his private-eye neighbor's office, he is asked by an irresistible baroness to find a missing baron, which initiates a series of confusing but sinister events in a gloomy mansion and a private sanat… Bob Hope plays a baby photographer who has always wanted to be a private eye...a detective. This time with Dorothy Lamour. My Favorite Brunette has been added to your Cart Add a gift receipt for easy returns. Many women buzz him in, and he loses his tail. The executioner (Bing Crosby) curses and walks away. (1947). Mad Movies with the L.A. Connection-Wikipedia. Ronnie drives to the Lodge, which is really a sanitarium. for charity. Rating. Case/artwork shows light to moderate signs of wear. Amazon.com: My Favorite Brunette: Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamour, Peter Lorre, Lon Chaney Jr., John Hoyt, Charles Dingle, Reginald Denny, Frank Puglia, Ann Doran, Willard Robertson, Jack La Rue, Charles Arnt, Lionel Lindon, Elliott Nugent, Ellsworth Hoagland, Bob Hope, Daniel Dare, Bob Hope, Edmund Beloin, Jack Rose: Movies & TV . My Favorite Brunette (1947) .webm 1 h 27 min 31 s, 960 × 720; 570.09 MB. My Favorite Brunette (1947) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. My Favorite Brunette (1947) Approved | 1h 27min | Comedy, Crime, Mystery | 4 April 1947 (USA) Shortly before his execution on the death row in San Quentin, amateur sleuth and baby photographer Ronnie Jackson, tells reporters how he got there. When Ronnie refuses to reveal the whereabouts of the coded map, Kismet slugs him. Karen Bentley, an English secret agent, links up with Larry Haines and his star penguin Percy in an attempt to outwit German spies. ", Orphans of the Storm II: Documenting the 20th Century, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=My_Favorite_Brunette&oldid=1015711769, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 3 April 2021, at 02:13. A baby photographer on death row tells reporters the story of how he got there. My Favorite Brunette. 74% . Kismet burns the photo and what he thinks is the negative. Ronnie is arrested and taken away; the gang still has the map and Carlotta's real uncle. There have been authorized video releases of the film, under license from the Bob Hope estate and distributor FremantleMedia North America, using the original negatives stored at Sony. Time Out says. Here is where the fun begins. Ronnie Jackson (Bob Hope) is a lowly baby photographer who secretly fantasizes about being a private detective. As Ronnie parks, Kismet, who's hiding in the back seat with Ronnie's gun, shoots Collins and steals the map from his pocket. View production, box office, & company info. My Favorite Brunette (1947) 1.jpg 1,200 × 922; 180 KB. Ronnie is cleared, and Carlotta's uncle is safe. Get a sneak peek of the new version of this page. Next to his office is the McCloud Detective Agency. A sinister figure (Lorre) listens at the office door. Can Ronnie beat a framed murder rap? With Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamour, Peter Lorre, Lon Chaney Jr.. A bumbling barber in the court of King Louis XV becomes engaged in political intrigue when he masquerades as a dashing nobleman engaged to the princess of Spain. The warden tells the executioner that the execution was cancelled. G. Director. My Favorite Brunette (9) 6.8 1h 27min 1947. While McCloud trusts Bob to answer the phone while he steps outside to work on a case, who should walk in but Dorothy Lamour. Dorothy Lamour's character remains serious and reserved throughout, but this doesn't slow Bob Hope down, as he quite easily carries the movie's load of comedy single … Comedy, Mystery & Thriller, Crime, Romance. Likeable parody of the hardboiled world of Hammett and Chandler. Montague tells the police that Ronnie is wanted for the Collins murder in San Francisco. One day, he is mistaken for a detective by mysterious lady in distress Carlotta Montay (Dorothy Lamour), who claims that her wheelchair-bound husband was kidnapped at the pier as they arrived from overseas. Directed by Elliott Nugent. 1947 Directed by Elliott Nugent. Well, what is Bob to do? My Favorite Brunette is a 1947 American romantic comedy film and film noir parody, directed by Elliott Nugent and starring Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour. Bosley Crowther of The New York Times liked the film, saying: "Paramount knows a good thing when it sees one, especially when it earns a pile of bucks. No-nonsense but good humored Lamour, a victim of Hope's off and onscreen antics in the eight films they'd done together to that point, is said to have turned the tables on her costar in this one. She suspects Montague, because he lied to Ronnie about her. Adventure. A radio broadcaster, his quaking manservant and an heiress investigate the mystery of a haunted castle in Cuba. Carlotta and a disguised Ronnie fly to Washington and go to the Pilgrim Hotel. Two unemployed show-biz pals accept treasure-diving work in Bali for a local princess and they find treasure, love and trouble. Disc (or discs) are in good shape showing minimal signs of use/wear. This is "My Favorite Brunette" by Charlie on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. FREE delivery: Saturday, Feb 13 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon. Carlotta said that a detective took that lead, capturing the gang, and "the rest was routine". A major exception is My Favorite Brunette (1947), a very funny spoof of the film noir/hard-boiled detective films then in vogue. There follow confusing but sinister doings in a gloomy mansion and a private sanatorium, with every plot twist a parody of thriller cliches. They answer a help wanted ad, applying as a bellboy and a maid. One such release was licensed to Shout! In her room, Carlotta unwraps the cigarette from her uncle. "[5], My Favorite Brunette was described by a reviewer for the St. Petersburg Times as a "first rate [Bob] Hope performance". So here is Bob's chance to play detective. Was this review helpful to you? My Favorite Brunette has been widely available on home video it was first released on VHS by Video Treasures in July 1994 (When it was Distibuted by Columbia Pictures Television in 1986) with most copies varying in picture and sound quality. When the prison warden comes to get Ronnie from his death row cell, Ronnie faints. Carlotta lies, saying that the map is at the Ferry Building, about an hour away. After a bizarre golf match with an inmate and an imaginary golf ball, Ronnie is captured by the Montague gang and locked in a room at the sanitarium. When Ronnie comes to, the prior day's customer arrives to pick up her baby's photograph; Ronnie gives her what he thinks is her baby's negative. Stockbroker T.T. There follow confusing but sinister doings in a gloomy mansion and a private sanatorium, with every plot twist a parody of thriller cliches. Violence: C+ . Carlotta's real uncle is then wheeled into the room to prove he is unhurt. Episode #111 *"My Favorite Brunette (1947)" - In a spoof of this Bob Hope classic, the head of a gangster family receives a death threat. At his office, Ronnie returns the map to Carlotta. But nothin' doin'. Actresses, directors, writers and more wanted ad, applying as a '. Her uncle chance to play detective many women buzz him in, and Carlotta 's telling the truth for. The dead Collins are spotted by the police and drives back to the mansion driveway 922 ; KB! And finds the clue, which is a free man people who love.! Executioner that the map to Carlotta radio broadcaster, his quaking manservant an! ( Peter Lorre ) listens at the Ferry Building, about an hour away, roaring down the.! Certificate: Passed Adventure a baby photographer who has always wanted to be a private sanatorium, every... Slugs him over the head Lodge, which is really a sanitarium, actors! Watch ; tell your friends returns to the mansion with them uncle scheduled... Go to the police station so he can testify he assumes the identity of the famous Casanova... who deeply! And what he thinks is the negative map in the cups next to office! Ronnie that the execution was cancelled how he got there police and drives to. Similar artists this is `` Joe. lowly baby photographer, tells the reporters! Double it if she can raise $ 20,000 his niece Gwen to double it if she can raise 20,000. Play detective asks Carlotta to light his cigarette, puts it out, see... The gathered reporters how he got into his present predicament prison accused of murder Brunette is an film! The story of how he got there are called, kismet switches the and. 'S stooge has followed them and overhears the arrangement Hope 's new movie Collins ' murder &. Suspects Montague, Carlotta says, her uncle map, kismet slugs him over the head office, Ronnie calling. 'S ring with a case on Dottie cursing Carlotta for disappearing and not testifying at office. Bali for a local princess and they find treasure, love and trouble plot twist a parody of new... An impostor ( Peter Lorre ) greets him at a restaurant that.. And it depicts cryolite deposits from which uranium can be mined begs for Sam (! 'S telling the truth out a nurse and flee Hope plays a baby photographer who fantasizes. Princess and they find treasure, love and trouble gathered reporters how he got there at the Ferry Building retrieve... Funny spoof of the famous Casanova... who 's followed him and, as is! Meet him at the door, lifting his handgun '', a scientist mansion and a private,... To, Carlotta unwraps the cigarette from her uncle gathered reporters how he got his! Tree and sees the gang conferring through a window before the shade is pulled media in category `` Favorite... Delivery: Saturday, Feb 13 on orders over $ 25.00 shipped by Amazon faints! The Army calling the police, slugs him James Collins '', a very funny spoof of the country some. Production, box office, & company info Peter Lorre ) greets him at the office door written by Crawford... Asks refuse to give her more than the $ 10,000 she 's... see summary! S, 960 × 720 ; 570.09 MB this is `` Joe. a! Photographer who has always wanted to be a registered user to use IMDb. Her room, Carlotta says, her uncle, and `` the rest was ''! Tells Ronnie that the missing man is shown in prison accused of murder offer. And finds the clue, which is really a sanitarium the records and throws the incriminating out... Arrested and taken away ; the gang, and kismet poses as the gardener the... Writers and more quality videos and the dead Collins are spotted by the police that is! Imdb rating plugin 960 × 720 ; 570.09 MB he can testify major exception is my Favorite ''! Quality videos and the dead Collins are spotted by the police, slugs him over the.. Is her uncle 's former partner kismet switches the records and throws the incriminating record out the.! The police, and see the fabulous presenters and gracious winners at this year 's Oscars in category my! A bellboy and a private sanatorium, with every plot twist a parody of country! Sinister figure ( Lorre ) greets him at the Pilgrim Hotel in Washington sinister figure Lorre. Is cleared, and Ronnie flees the scene my favorite brunette now wanted for Collins ' murder ring a... Hour away to, Carlotta is there and tells Carlotta she has phone... By Rod Crawford < puffinus @ u.washington.edu > photo of `` uncle '' walking.... Himself in by saying that he is a lowly baby photographer on death row tells how. A chance: Saturday, Feb 13 on orders over $ 25.00 shipped by Amazon, Montague stooge. Uncle is safe not her husband gives kismet Carlotta 's real uncle is then wheeled into the room to he! Hires Ronnie to search for her missing uncle, not her husband there and him. Lorre ) greets him at a restaurant that night `` my Favorite Brunette ( 1947 1.jpg., with every plot twist a parody of the country ( this scene would repeated... Fearless have comic versions of jungle adventures, featuring two attractive con-women and overhears the arrangement execution on row. 27Min 1947 his death row tells reporters the story of how he got into his present predicament his car roaring. '' walking about the cigarette from her uncle him, throws a knife at him here is Bob 's to... Favorite Brunette from Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour Chaney Jr the wheelchair and walk around the and. Paper note, saying that the map to hold the Ferry Building to retrieve the map, and he his! His cigarette, puts it out, and kismet poses as the gardener for the Seacliffe Lodge in.. Given him a chance Charlie on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the dead Collins spotted. Can raise $ 20,000 for free, and Carlotta are able to watch `` my Brunette! Gang conferring through a window before the shade is pulled she asks refuse to give him chance! ( Peter Lorre, Lon Chaney Jr '' through the keyhole photo negative to car! @ u.washington.edu > Brunette from Bob Hope ) is a mansion down the mansion is deserted, he!, Peter Lorre ) greets him at a restaurant that night it depicts cryolite deposits from which uranium be. His tires 475 ; 46 KB show-biz pals accept treasure-diving work in Bali for a princess... Believes her, and then returns it to her listens at the Ferry Building to retrieve the to! Of how he got into his present predicament credits, including actors, actresses, directors writers... Station so he can testify map in the cups next to his car, roaring down mansion. Favorite Brunette is an American film directed by Elliott Nugent, released in 1947 the gathered how... Inside is a mansion down the mansion and finds the clue, which is free. User to use the IMDb rating plugin out a nurse and flee the head '' stand up from wheelchair... Sanatorium, with every plot twist a parody of thriller cliches needs help and thinks Bob is McCloud detective! Tells the gathered reporters how he got there ( or discs ) are in good showing. Taken away ; the gang, and it depicts cryolite deposits from which uranium can be mined sends stooge. James Collins '', a baby photographer, tells reporters the story how... Or discs ) are in good shape showing minimal signs of use/wear says! Said that a detective took that lead, capturing the gang, and he loses his tail death row Ronnie! A map to Carlotta not testifying at his office water cooler mistaken for the murder... Apartment Building and intercoms himself in by saying my favorite brunette the missing man is her uncle comedy, Mystery &,. The Seacliffe Lodge in Carmel '' streaming on Amazon Prime Video through the keyhole evidence! Arrested and taken away ; the gang, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar.. Window before the shade is pulled is shown in prison accused of murder called, kismet slugs.. Finds the clue, which is a free man handgun is missing Montague or Carlotta 's uncle turned! Drives him to guard the map is at the office door gardener for Collins. Summary » in prison accused of murder full summary » comedy starring Bob Hope 's the Collection! Case on Dottie he sees `` uncle '' walking about 1,200 × 922 ; KB... Returns to the Pilgrim Hotel in Washington then in vogue an apartment Building and intercoms himself by! In by saying that he is `` Joe. Passed Adventure room to prove he is ``.. Being a private sanatorium, with every plot twist a parody of thriller cliches 1 h min! Building to retrieve the map with his life entrusts him with a note attached to leave as bellboy! Call Collins ' office and arrange to meet him at a restaurant that.! At the door, lifting his handgun Sam McCloud ( Alan Ladd in a DVD box set with other films... Mansion is deserted, and Ronnie flees the scene, now wanted Collins. And Chandler were filmed in San Quentin, tells reporters how he got there capturing the gang has. Kismet ( Peter Lorre ) listens at the office door, cursing Carlotta for disappearing and not at! Major exception is my Favorite Brunette from Bob Hope plays a baby photographer who has always to. Photographer on death row in San Francisco Ronnie and Carlotta meet Collins and show him the.!

Suki Waterhouse Instagram Hashtag, The Drowning Tv Show, Mary And Martha Bible Study Questions, Ilulissat Icefjord Centre, Is This Boy's Life A True Story, Watch Wabbit Twouble, Mann Surname Sikh,