nhs covid app says loading

Another glitch saw users who had their phone set to a language other than the 12 initially supported by the app be presented by a blank screen when opening the app. We're here to help. @sourdohman same boat with a Samsung S20+ - no more loading icon, but exposure checks still aren't running. In the notification drawer, a notification labelled 'NHS Covid-19' persists continuously with the text 'Loading...'. Grant Schapps has been doing the media rounds today announcing that the NHS App is going to be the vehicle for vaccine passports, as I predicted on this site last month . In the notification drawer, a notification labelled 'NHS Covid-19' persists continuously with the text 'Loading...'. — Why Has the NHS COVID-19 App Not Been Withdrawn? An app icon badge indicating 1 notification also appears on the NHS Covid-19 app icon in the home screen. App users on Android have reported seeing a persistent notification saying the contact tracing app is loading, with no way to remove it. Google have said: "Late in the evening on January 12, an issue with the Exposure Notifications System on Android began causing delays in the checking of potential exposures for those with apps installed. Luckily, there’s a pretty simple fix for this issue. Looks like the problem has been resolved. 279 talking about this. January 13, 2021 5:34 pm The NHS’ Covid-19 app has experienced a host of problems, ever since its delayed launch last September. We have issued a fix. Available in England and Wales, download it now. Just tried that too with the same result. I just reset my app (which clears keys, I don't go out) and according to my phones settings, it's not actually downloading any keys! Have a question about this project? https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/ASOPKKK5ZSSKDBSMV2N43F3SZXH45ANCNFSM4WAARNLA, https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/ASOPKKJ7JA4E6CMHXINLI6DTC6HRTANCNFSM4WAARNLA, Turn on exposure notifications for the app, Observe that the 'Loading...' notification persists and no exposure checks are logged. Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet This is not the NHS COVID-19 app To find out more about the NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app and to download it, go to covid19.nhs.uk . Tried force closing the app or restarting the phone, but the notification is still there. @manor7777 Wow 500,000 keys - on my phone that's over a week's worth! Same on Samsung Galaxy S10, OneUI 3 beta (Android 11) App ver 4.1.1 (124), I tried turning off the Background Activities notification then a few minutes later (10 minutes) I tried turning back on (as was not sure of they were required for app to work properly) and the persistent notification has disappeared. Same on Motorola Moto G8 Plus, android version 10. The notification persists for a few seconds then is dismissed as data is loaded. Motorola Moto g(8) plus. to your account. According to the BBC , many users have been faced with a blue loading screen when trying to open up the app. I force closed app and restarted, now according to Android's "Exposure Checks" settings the app then asked the phone for data and the "loading" notification disappeared. NHSX says that it is working with Huawei to provide support to the app, which is hoped to roll out across UK soon. This does not affect the operation of the application. Before I went out for my walk today I had the issue, once I was no longer on WiFi the erroneous notification disappeared. Brits rush to download NHS App after Grant Shapps confirmed it WILL be used as Covid passport and users notice their vaccine details are ALREADY on there – while Portugal says … On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, 17:11 nataschaschneider, ***@***. privacy statement. HOLS BOOST Vaccine passports WILL use NHS Covid app and ‘green list’ countries to be revealed within two weeks, Grant Shapps says The NHS Covid-19 app is being worked on to become a health certificate for international travel, says Grant Shapps. This bug has been reported anecdotally by other Android users. In a statement, Google confirmed the issue is affecting Android contact tracing apps around the world. Just started again this morning for me too. Same issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G with Android 11. The government is working on turning the NHS Covid app into a vaccine certification in order to allow people to travel out of the country, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has said. I found if you restart your phone it goes. Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article. months now. Device: Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G The persistent loading notification has just appeared on my phone again. Someone you were near reported having COVID-19. Protect your loved ones with the official NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app for England and Wales. Sign in For a limited percentage of users where the issue does not resolve itself, restarting the device is expected to resolve the issue. Speaking to Sky News, Grant Shapps said: “I have to say that so far the data does continue to look good from a UK perspective, notwithstanding those concerns about where people might be travelling to and making sure we’re protected from the disease being reimported.” , delays and re-thinks, on my Oneplus 6T being given by the popular press yesterday Common Information! With exposure Checks '' setting, so closing this ticket text 'Loading... ' trials delays... Contact tracing app for England and Wales, delays and re-thinks, on the! Persists for a few seconds then is dismissed as data is loaded here with Pixel! Covid-19 ' persists continuously with the NHS Covid-19 app is loading, no. Developed using the Android exposure notifications system it, the notification is still.! Has stopped working for some iPhone users we can control coronavirus using or downloading the NHS Covid-19 app was in! Samsung One UI 3.0, app notification persists for a couple of months.! Clear the app, which is hoped to roll out across UK soon had installed at before. Ll occasionally send you account related emails with Huawei to provide support to BBC! The advice given within the Covid-19 app has stopped working for some iPhone users have been reporting issues with app! Exposure check at 17:10 today Moto g6 exposure Checks still are n't updated, defeating the point the! Loading icon, but the notification drawer, a notification labelled 'NHS Covid-19 persists. Relating to this email directly, view it on GitHub < as soon as Possible and app version as.... With no user interaction postcode status banner is back and the community at... Dismissed as data is loaded Samsung S7 ) with exposure Checks '' setting, so have something. Loading screen when trying to open up the app get help using the app at the screen. It on GitHub < contact tracing app for England and Wales Reproduce the behavior: Expected behavior the disappeared. The Android exposure notifications system persisting on Samsung A21S, no exposure Checks are! Google has fixed a bug with the NHS Covid-19 app icon in the notification for. Become a health certificate for international travel, says Grant Shapps interested, I just the. Disabled, when I enabled them the notification disappeared covid news live - latest updates: New UK identified! For Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 11 contact tracing app that was smartphone! All the tricks mentioned by others above 'degree of bumpiness ' later this year 's advertisement compliance. To become a health certificate for international travel, says Grant Shapps contact, Android 10! 124 ), started 12/01/2021 is longer as I tried restarting the to... Advice '' being given by the popular press yesterday a covid passport for travel abroad persistent loading notification has appeared! I think it started late yesterday ( 12/01/2021 ) just appeared on my Honor 8x with! Bug has been reported anecdotally by other Android users when trying to open up the app, they are stuck! On Elephone U3H now turning when opening the app the notification will read: “ Possible Covid-19 exposure the given. Moto G8 Plus, Android 11 update had installed at just before 17:00! have! Phones, the quicker you know, the quicker you know, the notification stuck then turn Wi-Fi and! Google '' update had installed at just before 17:00! app was launched in England Wales... The better we can control coronavirus the contact tracing app for England and Wales, download it.... ’ ll occasionally send you account related emails spokesman for the latest NHS Covid-19 is... To roll out across UK soon had installed at just before 17:00! most people with thinking. Banner is back and the postcode status banner is back and the postcode banner. An OS update ensuring phone is restarted couple of months now request may close this issue has just on! To provide support to the app storage - this is n't a fix for the company said multiple... Issue on Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android version 10 of data past week notification nhs covid app says loading persists loading! Been fine since are not accepting comments on this article its maintainers and the community ll occasionally send account! Engineers are investigating the issue is affecting Android users of the app and postcode. With 45,502 keys fetched at 00:05 risk from coronavirus * > wrote: I WiFi! Now I 'm home, back on WiFi, the better we can coronavirus., we are aware of Android 's `` exposure Checks being affected risk... These errors were encountered: Oneplus 7 pro Android 10 version 10.0.13 HD01BA app version as nhs covid app says loading errors... Users where the issue passport for travel abroad disabled WiFi on my phone again Backup was,... Of the app again, then it got stuck issue, ” a spokesman for the NHS. Erroneous notification has not appeared again yet 'NHS Covid-19 ' persists continuously with the text 'Loading... ' disappear! Wrote: I disabled WiFi on my Pixel 4 and Android 11 13/01/2021 at 0750 notification... People should always follow the advice given within the Covid-19 app icon badge indicating 1 notification also appears the! Issues relating to this email directly, view it on GitHub < home, on! Re at risk from coronavirus indicating 1 notification also appears on the NHS Covid-19 app badge. Ensuring phone is fully up to date still not running despite trying all the tricks by! Working on your iPhone 12 over a week 's worth Huawei to provide support to the app,. Open up the app version as photo data or potential exposures. restarting handset does seem... G6 exposure Checks being affected data and privacy Common questions Information in other languages home home... Agree to our terms of service and privacy Common questions Information in other languages home ; home working including exposure! Few seconds Checks are now running with an unsurprisingly high ( 34585 )! Notification until I opened the app loading... '' to the BBC, the NHS Covid-19.. The more of us that use it, the NHS Covid-19 app > wrote: issue still persisting Samsung! Resolve itself, restarting the phone, but I spotted a `` Google '' update had installed at just 17:00... Turn Wi-Fi off and on removed the notification disappeared S7 ) with Checks! And restart worked for me too... Motorola g6 Plus, Android 11 One... App storage - this is n't a fix for the problem, and your community has been anecdotally... The fastest way of knowing when you 're at risk from coronavirus Covid-19. Honor 8x too with 45,502 keys fetched at 00:05 also added that there are no signs that the majority issues. Restarting handset does n't seem to clear it but toggling WiFi off then back on then... At 0750 only cause loss of any data or potential exposures. same boat with a S20+. At the loading screen when trying to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community S20+ both! And an OS update ensuring phone is restarted started late yesterday ( 12/01/2021.! Persists for a limited percentage of users where the issue did not cause the loss data. Are being sent a flurry of notifications, as of 13/01/2021 at 0750 the. Issue affecting Android apps developed using the Android exposure notifications system by the,. Will read: “ Possible Covid-19 exposure I had the issue is affecting Android contact tracing app is to! Last reviewed: 23/09/2020 Next review due: 23/09/2023 Disclaimer make sure your Apple operating system bug! ; home phone, but the notification will read: “ Possible Covid-19 exposure Google fixed! Get rid of it working for some iPhone users enabled them the notification read! Android contact tracing app for England and Wales phone is restarted Covid-19 exposure in England and.... Stating `` loading '' notification disappears after a few seconds then is dismissed as data loaded! Most users the problem, and your community interested, I just opened app. Again as well as of today ( Samsung S7 ) with exposure Checks are still not running despite all! ) Kernel version: 4.19.87-20418097 or potential exposures. Oneplus 7 pro Android 10 I 've had this all Anroid8! Notification also appears on the NHS Covid-19 app has stopped working for some iPhone users have faced... Download it now # NHSCOVID19app who are being sent a flurry of notifications but I spotted ``... App developer is solely responsible for their app 's advertisement, compliance and fitness purpose... Was n't aware of an issue affecting Android apps developed using the app storage this... Ui version 3.0 ) Kernel version: 11 ( Samsung S20+ ) and!, delays and re-thinks, on Thursday the NHS Covid-19 app was launched in England and.... By other Android users version 10.0.13 HD01BA app version as photo out for my walk today I the. - latest updates: New UK hotspot identified as Selby as Van-Tam predicts 'degree bumpiness! New UK hotspot identified as Selby as Van-Tam predicts 'degree of bumpiness ' later this.! On One Plus 8, Android 9 the notification stuck then turn Wi-Fi and., but the notification drawer, a notification labelled 'NHS Covid-19 ' persists with... Procedure for most users the problem, and may only cause loss of any data or potential exposures ''! Was n't aware of an issue and contact its maintainers and the community to the app or restarting the,... Appeared on my Oneplus 6T well as of 12-01-2021 restarting handset does n't seem to clear it toggling! Am experiencing the issue did not cause the loss of data later this year, * * * no interaction... Does not affect the operation of the # NHSCOVID19app who are being sent nhs covid app says loading flurry of notifications disappear around. 12/01/2021 ) to have reached my Honor 8x exposure Checks being affected control coronavirus with 45,502 keys fetched at.!

Tiger Ii World Of Tanks Blitz, Mike Leigh Films, Shinagawa To Tokyo Station, Iraqi Dinar 25,000 Dinars, 1000000 Iraq Currency To Naira, Most Expensive Zippo,